Brain – Nervous diseases
Cranial nerves with function/12 cranial nervous diseases
12 cranial nerve pairs start from the brain and reach the head, face through the holes assigned to them from the skull. These play a very important role. These nerves are called ‘cranial nerves‘
Different cranial nerves – their purpose
1. Olfactory nerve – If it is damaged the odors are not known properly.
2. Optic nerve – If it is damaged, the sight may not be normal or the original site may be lost.
3. Oculomotor nerve –
4. Trochlear nerve
5. Trigeminal nerve
6. Abducens nerve
If three – four – six cranial nerves are damaged, the movements of the eyelids and eyeball will not be normal. The eyelid swells when the third cranial nerve is damaged.
When the eye is open, the eyelid does not rise. The fourth cranial nerve does not move the damaged eyeball up and down, the object appears to be two.
If the sixth cranial nerve is damaged the eyeball is pulled to the side. The same object appears as two.
The trigeminal nerve, the fifth cranial nerve, performs two functions:
1) Pain, Tactile.
2) Tactile, Painless Touching of the Forehead, Bare Legs, Face, Eye Eggs, which causes muscle movements.
The jaw bends towards the damaged side of the nerve, making it difficult to chew./functions of cranial nerves
7. Facial Nerve:
When this nerve is damaged, the muscles of the face become weak. The skin on the forehead does not wrinkle. The eyelids do not close.
You can’t whistle with your mouth. If the right nerve is damaged, the left side will bend, and if the left side nerve is damaged, the mouth will bend to the right.
8. A cochlear nerve in the vestibule:
This nerve causes damage to the ear, causing the ear to stop hearing. There are dizziness, nausea, and vomiting
9. Glossopharyngeal nerve:
People with this nerve damage do not know the taste. Neither water nor food can be swallowed.
10. Vegas Nerve:
Speech is hoarse for people with this nerve damage. Difficulty speaking and swallowing.
11. Accessory nerve:
People with this nerve damage are unable to lift the nest. Unable to turn head.
12. Hypoglossal cell nerve:
This nerve is pulled to the other side of the tongue in those with damage. The word comes in lumps. Read more Cranial nerves and function
Functions of cranial nerves
Trigeminal neuralgia is a neurological condition caused by a disorder of the trigeminal nerve and a difference in function. This pain can come on slowly.
May come suddenly. The pain of eating may be exacerbated by exposure to cold air or by drinking hot or cold foods.
This type of nerve pain usually occurs on one side of the face. that looks like a sack & it encloses with a drawstring. The pain may seem like a few moments or longer./functions of cranial nerves
Pain may occur several times throughout the day.
When trigeminal neuralgia pain occurs the muscles in the face tighten. The face is flushed. The saliva settles more on the note.
In the absence of severe pain, there is occasional numbness on the face. This pain causes the patient to not be able to eat enough. For some people, this pain can cause toothache.
But they do not have what Pippi teeth. Teeth are very healthy. It can also cause side effects, such as migraine.
1. Trigeminal neuralgia should be considered before treating any other ailments that may cause any pain.
2. Powerful pain killers should be used to reduce pain.
3. Carbonated Zip in Tablets 100 mg. Use 3 times a day. 200 mg if the pain is not controlled. Should be used per.
Vitamin B-12 injections should be done daily at a rate of 1000 micrograms. Do so for two weeks.
4. Alcohol injection should be given to the trigeminal nerve if the pain persists. There is also surgery for trigeminal Neuralgia / Cranial nerves and function.
Keywords: Cranial nerves and function, Nervous diseases, what is bell’s palsy, functions of cranial nerves, cranial nerves 12, what causes bell’s palsy, cause of bell’s palsy
Bell’s palsy comes from facial nerve disease.
Bell palsy is more common in people with diabetes, high blood pressure, pregnant women, those who are more prone to colds, people with ear pus, and people with head injuries.
Usually, the blisters come on suddenly, with facial nerve damage not completely closing one side of the eye in those who come to Bells Pals. No wrinkles on the forehead.
The muzzle curls to one side. If water is not drunk it will come out of the edges of the mouth. A hearing may decrease somewhat.
1. Muscle weakness should be treated with infrared radiation or Shortwave diathermy.
2. Massage the hand where the muscles are weak for five minutes a day.
3. Protects against dust in the eyes so that the eyes are not completely closed.
4. Carthico Steroids-Prednisolone 10 mg tablets should be taken three times a day at a rate of one to one.
Plastic surgery should be done when the above treatment does not work.